Shared Services SA is undertaking a pilot to replace paper based purchase card management with an Electronic Purchase Card Expense Management System (ANZ EMS).
The online platform gives users secure access to electronic coding, approval and document storage for their credit card transactions.
Features and benefits for users include:
- Streamlining of expense approval and the cost coding processes
- Daily upload of transaction data so individual transactions can be reviewed and approved online at any time
- Eliminating the need to manually handle individual user card statements
- Providing transaction workflow based on the delegation structure and specified business rules (similar to the Basware e-Procurement Solution for Accounts Payable)
- Transaction documentation can be uploaded into ANZ EMS and stored electronically, thereby eliminating the need for storing physical records (subject to attaining GDS 21 certification)
- Improved compliance with the purchase card policy and Treasurer’s Instructions
- A simplified, easy to use platform that will encourage Purchase Card use for lower value transactions across government.
The pilot began last month in the Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) and is expected to conclude in June 2016. Shared Services SA will then assist other agencies that would like to make the transition.
The collective DPC user experience will inform configuration settings and training requirements that will standardise the operating environment for other agencies commencing in a staggered rollout from September 2016.