Complaints and Feedback


Submit a complaint or submit feedback to Shared Services SA 

Back to top

What is a complaint

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with the services provided by Shared Services SA that you feel requires a response. 

Back to top

What is feedback

Feedback is when you have positive or negative comments about a service, but you don’t necessarily require a response.

Back to top

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received

We recommend:

  1. Try to resolve the issue with the person you are dealing with

  2. If you are not satisfied, talk to the person's manager 

  3. If you are still not satisfied, contact us using the channels listed below

Back to top

What we need if you are making a complaint

When you contact us, please provide all relevant details in the complaint form including:

  • Your name, preferred contact phone number and e-mail address during business hours
  • The area of Shared Services SA involved and if it is a payroll enquiry, your employee number

  • If you are a SA government employee, the agency you work for

  • If you are a business, your business name and ABN

  • A clear description of your experience, including whether you have previously contacted us and the name of the person you have spoken to/emailed, and

  • The action you would like us to take.

We aim to resolve your complaint within 10 business days.  If it is not possible to give you a full reply within 10 business days (for example, if your complaint requires more detailed investigation) we will contact you and negotiate additional time


Back to top

What happens once you've lodged a complaint

Once you have lodged your complaint, we may contact you to confirm or clarify the information you have provided.

You will be provided with an acknowledgement email that includes a reference number, please use this number in all future contacts relating to the complaint.

Once you have lodged your complaint:

  1. Shared Services SA will contact you as soon as we have completed the investigation.
  2. As part of this process, we will acknowledge where things could have been done better, and tell you what will be done to avoid the same thing happening again.

  3. Equally, if we do not uphold your complaint, we will let you know why.

  4. If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with properly, please let us know. 

  5. We will also contact you after completion of the investigation to ask you about your experience.

  6. If you remain unsatisfied, you can refer your case to the Ombudsman SA whose details can be found on

Back to top

Matters we are unable to assist you with

When it comes to complaints, matters we cannot assist you with include administrative law, appeal decisions, judicial decisions, internal staff complaints, panel selection grievances, official misconduct or the matters relating to the Whistleblowers Protection Act 1993.

Similarly, matters concerning the conduct and practice of public officers and public authorities in South Australian public administration, specifically corruption, misconduct and maladministration, (occurring whilst a public officer is discharging their duties in public administration) can be reported via the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC)

We understand that mistakes happen and errors occur despite our best efforts, if you are dissatisfied with the service you received from Shared Services SA, you can lodge a complaint with us.

Back to top

How to provide feedback


Back to top