The Australian Taxation Office is embarking on an ambitious program to improve GST and PAYG compliance through reporting and data matching. Shared Services SA is leading the implementation of the project for State Government agencies within the Masterpiece SYS1 financial system environment.
Shared Services SA is also supporting agencies utilising the UNIX and SYSH Masterpiece environments.
Government entities are now required to report the grants they make to ABN holders and payments for services provided (with data collection commencing on 1 July 2017).
- consultation with agencies has been ongoing, with monthly updates delivered to a variety of stakeholders
- to deliver the required reporting, tailored system solutions have been implemented within Basware and Masterpiece, supported by changes to vendor creation procedures
- it is expected that around 1.2 million transactions will be reviewed by Shared Services SA
- data will be collected and lodged electronically with a 1 July 2017 start date
- Shared Services SA will generate reports for 17 agencies and lodge reports on behalf of 22 agencies
- the first report will be lodged on 28 August 2018.